Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My First Ulta

This is my first ever Ulta polish, I received it in a swap package. I have never seen a single bottle of this brand my entire life, and actually had never even heard of it until I got onto the blogging scene. So since this is new to me I want to give my personal opinion on my first time using this brand. The colour here is Ever Ever After?

448

Now, the only thing is the colour of the polish I got. Actually it really is the colour of my nails, stained unfortunately. I have never been a fan of sheer polishes, probably because I do not like my own nails showing through. But for purpose of this post I will pretend my nails are nice and clear, not yellow at the tips (before I got my new base coat that actually works).

446 

I really liked this polish, surprisingly. I am a huge pink fan of course, but this just did not speak to me in the bottle. But on my nails (and imagining them cleaner) I really like it. It applied really smoothly, and dried pretty fast. The finish is so shimmery and sparkly it almost disguises my ugly nails underneath. I like how it is sheer but still has some coverage of the colour to it. It shows my white tips (what do you call those technically? VNL?) but I did not mind that, I liked it in fact. It looks sort of like a French mani with a lot of pink sheer shimmer instead of neutral.

 451

Another thing I really liked was the bottle. I like the feel of the cap, similar to the Zoya cap. Easy to hold, easy to undo. The small square shape bottle is really cute and fits well in my small hands (reminds me of Essie). You guys probably do not know this but I really have a hard time with rounded bottles like OPI. My fingers hardly stretch around it so I struggle to hold it, which is why I always have preferred the smaller square shapes such as Essie and Zoya, and now I know Ulta is the same way.

Overall I like this bottle, formula, and colour. Key word though is “like”. I do not love it, I may or may not wear it again. I see it as more of a layering polish or perhaps fro a French mani with a but more shimmer. It really is just my personal opinion though, as I have always preferred bright bold colours to the pale sheer shades.

What about you guys? What do you think of Ulta? What about sheer polishes?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails