Monday, June 28, 2010

Big Bunch of Colour Swatches



These came from a package sent by Sally Hansen, big thank you to them!

These colours come from three different lines; Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, and Sally Hansen Diamond Strength.

Complete Salon Manicure Colours:

All of these polishes had a good consistency, not too thick or thin. They feel like they would hold up well. Also, they only needed one or two coats to get fully opaque, which is great compared to the average two or three coats need for other Sally Hansens (such as Xtreme Wear).




1) Fairy Teal - Really like this colour, it is a true teal. It will be having its very own post because it was my favourite, so check that post for more info. I didn't make a single nail swatch for this so you can see it in the post coming soon.

2) Gilty Pleasure - Found out this can be used for Konad stamping! I am very excited. This colour is a brown gold and is very sparkly and shimmery. I like it and think that I can get use out of it, although it is not a staple polish.

3) All Fired Up - This is a typical fire engine red, with a shimmer to it. It is one I feel like I have seen many times over, but it is still a go to colour for anyone. Red will always be a staple polish colour, so this is useful but not unique.

4) Angel Wings - This colour was my least favourite of the group, just because the colour part is lacking. It was not strong, and seemed to still be very pale even after two coats. It seemed like an attempt at a nude nail, but the shimmer was too distracting to be classified as simple or nude. I am not sure where or when this could be used...

Insta-Dri Colours:
They do dry very very quickly! Which is a big plus for me. The rounded brush is different..but I am not sure how useful it was. There was no huge difference between that and a flat brush, although there was s mall difference maybe. It seemed to go on smoothly and they are each shown with two coats.



1) Instant Iris - Iris? not exactly. It seems more like fuchsia or pink to me. In fact I found it very similar to the Speedy Sunburst. This colour was pretty, but that is kind of where it ends for me. it also seemed that it was still semi-see through after two coats. Not one of the best I have ever seen.

2) Brisk Blue - Really like this colour. Summery and very pretty. Also seen around a lot before, but I still have a soft spot for it. Application was great, and I probably could have gotten away with only one coat. The removal though was more difficult, as it left stains of blue around the cuticle. Overall though I still like it, and it seems like a good go to blue for this summer. I am also excited to try this for my Konad, as it is said to work great for stamping!

3) Speedy Sunburst - This one was a very hot pink, and these photos do not do it justice. I could not capture the right colour no matter how hard I tried. I really liked it for a go to hot pink, very pretty and girly and good for summer.

Diamond Strength Colour:

This is the only one of this line that I have ever tried, so my comments are only focusing on this specific polish.


Silver Anniversary - This one was okay. It was a nice silvery colour, but not as bold as I had expected from the bottle. It was a good consistency and covered pretty well with the two coats. But overall I don't have much to say about it. It is nice, and that is all I really have to say. Not the most useful, not a go to colour, but if you can find a reason to wear it the its nice.

Comparison:

I found that the two Insta-Dri colours of Speedy Sunburst and Instant Iris looked pretty different in the bottles ( see top of post for bottles ) but the colour on nails had a much smaller difference, just some sparkle and a hint more purple. Just to show a better look at that... the top one is Speedy Sunburst, the bottom is Instant Iris.




These opinions are entirely honest and my own, with no influence from the company. Thanks again to Sally Hansen.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails