Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fairy Teal by Sally Hansen


This is Fairy Teal (cute name right?) from the new Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure line. this was sent to me by the company, I appreciate it very much!

The formula for this polish line is said to be everything you need in a manicure, all in one polish.

Base Coat, Strengthener, Growth Treatment, Colour, & Top Coat.



I did notice the formula being slightly thicker than my other Sally Hansen polishes, which may be because it has 5 steps in 1. But it was not too thick that it was an issue at all.

The colour is really nice, not too flashy and bright, but not dull. It looks a lot more blue in the bottle than when it is on. It definitely is a true teal. I find that most colours called teal are usually too blue or too green or too bright to be an honest teal. This one is perfect. Not too light that it would be turquoise, and it reminds me of a swimming pool in summer. I am enjoying it more and more, as it looks great in many lights.

The shine is incredible, as you can see in the photo of my toes. I did not apply any top coat to this polish, and it looks great. My camera was getting a very blue hue to this colour, no matter how hard I tried, so picture it with more sea green in it, very teal!

The only issue I had with this polish, and this may be the lighting or the colour, so I could correct myself when I try another colour later, was the almost holographic appearance in certain light. In certain light and at some moments it was so shining it was almost blinding. It looked like I had missed patches of my nail, but it was just such a strong shine. This can probably be fixed with a matte top coat, but even so it is a minor setback to an otherwise great nail polish.

The brush was very wide, which was great because I was doing my toes, but I wonder how it will fare for fingers.

Its been about four days now and every time I look down I am more in love with this colour than before. It is quickly becoming one of my very favourites. I really really love the colour and shine, and it continues to surprise me in different lights.

Thank you to Sally Hansen for sending me a package, but keep in mind these are my own honest opinions, with no influence from anyone.


Love It.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Very pretty. I just used my first one of that brand in a pale lavender.
I'm not sure who has or hasn't entered BUT I'm having a brand new giveaway on my blog.
http://susies1955.blogspot.com/2010/06/enter-my-kiss-giveaway.html
Susie

Unknown said...

That is an amazing colour! I have one similar which is my favourite out of my whole collection.

xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails